Are you looking for a first dance song that hasn't been overused and played at every wedding? I got you! As a wedding photographer, of course I've been to quite a few weddings... one thing that I find a lot of couples don't think about enough is finding a perfect first dance song for them. I emphasize on them because obviously there are tons of love songs that a person could choose, but finding the right song for you as a couple is more than just picking a cute love song. Before we dive into MY list of favourites, let me give you a few tips on how to pick a song that will be perfect for you two!
1 - Pick a song you both LOVE. I know this sounds obvious but you really do want to pick a first dance song you both enjoy. This song will be a core memory of your wedding day that takes you back when you hear it play! Make a point of sitting down together, maybe mix a few drinks, and listen to your favourites to help narrow down your list! I would 10/10 recommend slow dancing in the kitchen to a few faves and going from there!
2- Pick a song that has a good beat. You want to be able to dance to it! I know its stuck in our brains that your first dance song NEEDS to be a slow song, I disagree! If you two both love to dance, pick a song you can tear the floor up with. There are many lovey songs that aren't slow. That being said, there is something timeless about a slow romantic song to slow dance with your lover.
3- Question: What is the first love song that pops into your head when you think of a wedding first dance? Great. Don't pick that song. I know you'r thinking whaaaat why not? All I have to say is that you don't want the same wedding dance song as thousands of other people.
4- Do you two already have "your song"? Maybe it was playing when you first met, or is just a song that describes your love together perfectly... Look for an acoustic version or a cover version of that song!
Here are a few of my favourite picks for wedding first dance songs that are unique and romantic...
Jordan's Favourite First Dance Songs:
- I'm on Fire : Whitey Morgan and the 78's
- Dancing Shoes : Green River Ordinance
- Real Love Baby : Father John Misty
- Cover Me Up : Morgan Wallen
- Hands I Can Hold : Ziggy Alberts
- Wild Child : The Ghost of Paul Revere
- The Girl (Acoustic) : City and Colour
- Hell or Highwater (Live) : Zach Bryan
- Like Real People Do : Hozier
- Everywhere : Fleetwood Mac
- Missing Piece : Vance Joy
- Stand By Me (Live) : Tracy Chapman
- Lady May : Tyler Childers
- Wild : John Legend & Gary Clark Jr.
- All my Love : George Ezra
- All Because of You : Stephen Day
- Home : Bruno Major
- Kiss Me : Ed Sheeran
- Free/Into the Mystic (Live) : Zac Brown Band
- The One : Kodaline
- I Was Born to Love You : Ray Lamontagne
- Evermore : Hollow Coves
Artists to check out:
- The Lumineers
- Novo Amor
- Bruno Major
- Amos Lee
- Vance Joy
- Eric Church
#2022weddingsongs #helpweddingplanning #2022bride #thebestweddingsongs #helppickingyourfirstdancesong #firstdancesong #canadianphotographer #albertaweddingphotographer #yourfriendlyphotographer #weddingfirstdance #2022weddingtips #planningyourwedding